What Does “Designed by Steinway & Sons” Mean?
1. Over 150 years of piano engineering and design experience.
2. Over 120 patent innovations from a company and family passionate about piano building.
3. Communication with over 1300 Steinway Artists of all styles and musical genres, 98% of which choose Steinway when they perform with a Symphony Orchestra.
4. Very careful selection of the company that builds the respective Family of Steinway Designed Pianos to Steinway & Sons specifications under the guidance of Steinway’s Technical Assistance Team.
5. More value at distinct product categories incorporating as many Steinway Secrets into a given design as the category allows.
6. Best, Most colorful tone quality with unmistakable Steinway roots.
7. Very responsive touch from Steinway’s geometry and Accelerated Action.
8. Classic, Timeless Designs, Styles, Finishes – never out of date.
9. A quality piano in every price range for everyone.
10. Every step in the design and manufacturing process is designed by Steinway & Sons – from the musical scale, to the construction features, to the specifications. (There have been over 12,000 brand name pianos over the last 300 years and the industry and the players have changed dramatically over the past 30 years. Many of the brand names have survived, but more often than not, the original scale designs of these manufacturers did not survive. Today many of these brands exist as a stenciled piano masquerading on a generic scale.)
11. Steinway: more inspiring, more musical colors, more responsiveness, more control. No piano appreciates like a Steinway.
12. Boston: the choice of the most prestigious music schools and festivals. It shares many qualities with Steinway. Unrivaled in its class.
13. Essex: For the style of your life in traditional and timeless furniture styles. The perfect fit for a home – affordable, stylish, with a great depth of sound.
14. The Steinway Promise which guarantees the client full credit for their Boston and Essex when they are ready for a Steinway Grand.